Mother of the world
- "If I am right, then Mother, Thou art all
- —The ring, the way, the dark, the light, the void,
- And hunger, sorrow, poverty and pain—
- From dawn to dusk, from night to morn and life and death
- — if death there be —
- All things art Thou.
- If Thou art they, then hunger, poverty and wealth are only transitory shapes of Thine.
- I do not suffer nor enjoy
- For Thou art All, and I am surely Thou.
- If Thou art He, to mortals manifest,
- Then pass me through Thy Light to Him —The Truth.
- The only Truth—to us so dimly known in Thee.
- Then lash this mortal body as Thou wilt,
- Or embed in golden comfort rich and soft—
- I’ll feel it not, for with Thy Light
- I’ll know For Thou art He and I am Thou—
- The Truth.”
- “Let us glorify Thee, Mother of Light!”
- Roerich Nicholas. 'The Great Mother' In Shambhala. © Copyright 1930.
- Nicholas Roerich Museum. n.p. n.d. Web. Accessed November 11, 2012.<http://www.roerich.org/nr.html?mid=wrtgs>.
Copyright © Domain Public in Canada .